Engagement photographer in Italy: 6 Reasons to choose the engagement shooting
One of the most common questions which can stick to your mind during the planning of the entire wedding and, more in detail, when comes to photos and videos is “will he/she really be the perfect photographer for my wedding?”
A valid answer that can satisfy all the doubts, mainly related to the photographer’s style and the good feeling which arises between the couple and the wedding photographer, is a trend that is catching on in Europe and in general in the world. The right answer can be the engagement shooting. Some couples may think that having a photo shoot together many months before the date of marriage is an unnecessary waste of time.
But there are many reasons why the Pre-wedding photo shoot can turn into a great opportunity to get to the choice of your wedding photographer with the clearest and most relaxed ideas.
There are in fact at least 6 reasons why engagement photos can be one of the best choices to make before your wedding.
1) The first is that an engagement session performed by a professional photographer is undoubtedly one of the most memorable and unique tangible memories of your relationship before the big date. As the majority of couples never considered being professionally photographed before, pre-marriage shots are a gift and at the same time a precious instrument that every couple should consider giving themselves.
2) To make sure you choose the wedding photographer who is closer to the style you would like to have in your wedding memories. Once you’ve reviewed his/her portfolio and you liked it, choose the first date you have available to get your engagement photo shoot; The closer you are to the date of your marriage, the less time it takes to arrange perfection in every choice you make for your special day.
3) To be in complete harmony with your photographer.
Establishing a relationship with the photographer long before your wedding day will make the difference in your wedding photographs. It will help the photographer know in depth the couple and the couple to relax and fully trust the advice the photographer will give them.
We usually spend about two hours with couples, listening to their desires and expectations, having the best fun with them creating stunning timeless shots.
We take notes on how they interact with each other, trying to identify their individual personalities and their peculiarities. These mental notes, along with many other personal attentions help us understand and know the people we have before us and support us in making the best and customized shots ever.
5) To enhance professional photography with a special and important place for you two.
For engagement photos, we always recommend choosing a place that is important to you, which may be the place of your first appointment, one of a common interest or just a magical scenario you adore.
Lauren and Mark for example, even if they lived on the other side of Canada, chose a small park in northern Vancouver (BC) where Mark grew up and where they met when they were little.
After their four hours flight from Ottawa to Vancouver taken just for the occasion, they wanted to have fun and create unique memories in a symbolic place which sweetly linked to their personal history and love story.
5) Another advantage is the opportunity to try other professional figures before the big day, such as makeup artist or hair dresser. These also are two very important stages of the getting ready part of the day which can both make the difference from a self-confidence and a photographic point of view.
6) You can use your favorite engagement shot as “Save the date” official image. You can share it on social media, include it on your invitations cards or show it in the signature book usually located at the entrance of the reception room after the ceremony.
Whatever you choose to do, we encourage you to be creative, to go out with your photographer to have fun and create something unique for you two.
As people, we usually believe to be far less photogenic than we really are.
All our couples who chose an engagement shooting were satisfied by the results and amazed by themselves.
We are open to any creative proposal, especially to the most daring, original and extravagant ones!
Check some of our works here.
Do not hesitate to contact us for more informations on engagements and wedding photography using our contact page!